Buying a Horsebox – Frequently Asked Questions
Horsebox For Sale FAQs
Below are some of the common questions we get asked when selling horseboxes. We hope you’ll find some useful bits of horsebox buying information and hopefully this will answer some of your questions. Of course a page of horsebox questions is no substitute for speaking to a specialist horsebox dealer so please get in touch!
- WILL I BE ABLE TO LIFT THE HORSEBOX RAMP?
Yes, we can nearly always adjust the ramps on our horseboxes to your liking.
- HOW DO I KNOW THE HORSEBOX IS SAFE TO TRAVEL MY HORSES IN?
Before delivery, every horsebox we sell goes through a thorough safety inspection at our workshop before you put your horses in.
- HOW DO I KNOW THERE ISN’T FINANCE OUTSTANDING ON THE HORSEBOXES YOU SELL?
All of the horseboxes we sell come with a HPI certificate showing their histories including finance outstanding, stolen & recovered and accident repaired. We only sell horseboxes with clean history.
- COULD THE HORSEBOX I PURCHASE BE RE-SPRAYED?
We will happily offer to re-spray any of our lorries, typical cost will be around £2,000
- WHAT IF MY NEW HORSEBOX BREAKS DOWN ON ME?
Our horseboxes all come with a 3 month full parts and labour warranty so if anything goes wrong your covered!
- HOW DO I KNOW IF THE HORSEBOX CAN LEGALLY CARRY THE WEIGHT OF MY HORSES?
We provide you with a weight ticket for every horsebox sold so you know exactly how much weight you can carry.
- CAN I LEGALLY DRIVE A 7.5T HORSEBOX?
As long as you passed your driving test prior to January 1997 then you can drive up to 7.5tonnes. If you passed your test after this then you will be required to take a test.
- DO YOU TAKE PART EXCHANGE ON A HORSEBOX FOR SALE?
We do consider part exchange, send us some details and we’ll take a look for you. If we cant agree a part exchange figure we will normally offer to sell it for you.
- WHAT IF I WANT ALTERATIONS MAKING OR EXTRAS ADDING TO THE HORSEBOX?
That isn’t a problem, we are always happy to make alterations or add extras to our horseboxes.
- HOW DO I KNOW EVERYTHING IN THE HORSEBOX LIVING AREA WORKS PROPERLY?
As part of our standard workshop check, all of the lights and appliances are thoroughly tested and also gas safety tested.
- ARE THE HORSEBOXES READY FOR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY?
Delivery will usually take around 2 weeks depending on whether we need to get an appointment to have the vehicle VOSA tested.
- I HAVE NEVER DRIVEN ANYTHING THIS BIG, WILL I BE ABLE TO DRIVE A HORSEBOX?
We are happy to spend time with you helping you to get used to a lorry, we are based on a quiet industrial estate for you to start off with then can progress onto the road when you are happy to do so.
- WHO SHOULD I INSURE MY HORSEBOX WITH?
We are always keeping an eye on the best companies for your insurance so we know the best people to recommend.
- CAN YOU DELIVER MY HORSEBOX?
We have drivers that cover the length and breadth of the UK so delivery is never a problem.
- DO I END UP PAYING MORE FROM A HORSEBOX DEALER?
Although you get many benefits when buying from Central England Horseboxes Ltd, we try and keep our prices inline with private horseboxes for sale.
- DO YOU OFFER FINANCE ON HORSEBOXES?
Although we do not have an ‘in-house’ finance department, we are always happy to recommend the current best finance companies to approach for your Horsebox finance.
- ARE HORSEBOXES EXPENSIVE TO TAX?
No, a typical 7.5t horsebox costs just £165.00 to tax for 12 months! That’s cheaper than most cars!!
If you want to discuss buying a horsebox or speak to our horsebox sales office about arranging a visit please call us on 07828 287515 or 01562 730647